Senior Center Bus
The Hudson Senior Center offers FREE transportation on the Senior Bus, taking all Hudson residents age 55 & over on scheduled shopping trips, to medical appointments, to the Center itself, etc. Bus pick-ups start at 8:15 AM, with the last pick-up at 3:00 PM. Please note that this is a shared form of transportation.
- Food Shopping Schedule - Food shopping days are on Tuesdays (Shaw's, Stop&Shop, Walmart) & Wednesdays (Market Basket), for ALL Hudson seniors, regardless of where you live. The Bus will begin its run at 10am. Please call a day in advance to schedule.
- Medical Appointments - Medical transport travel is only within Hudson, Marlboro or to Southboro Medical Group for diagnostic services. Times are Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM. Please call the day before to schedule. For medical transportation outside our local area, please scroll below.
- Senior Center Activities & Lunch Program - Please in advance to schedule rides to the Center for our various activities, programs & lunch.
- Misc Errands - Please call the Center for available times for personal errands such as hairdresser/barber appointments, banking, pharmacy, etc.
- Special Friday Trips - Every Friday, we take a special trip to a specific shopping destination: either Walmart, Target, the Solomon Pond Mall. Please call the Center for this week's destination.
Other Transportation Services
- Medical Transportation - In addition to our local Senior Shuttle which takes seniors to local medical appointments in Hudson, Marlboro & Southboro, there are many organizations & services that drive people to medical appointments. For more information, click HERE.
- MWRTA Bus Routes - While Hudson does not offer any fixed-route public transportation, Hudson is very close to several stops along the MWRTA in Marlboro. The MWRTA stops at the Solomon Pond Mall, Marlboro Hospital, Marlboro City Hall, the Wayside Inn Country Store & also on Hosmer St. A short taxi ride, or a ride from a friend, neighbor or loved one can connect you to 11 bus routes traveling throughout Ashland, Dover, Framingham, Holliston, Hopkinton, Marlboro, Natick, Sherborn, Southboro, Sudbury, Wayland, Wellesley & Weston, as well as to the MBTA Commuter Rail.
Why stress out about driving on Route 9 to Shopper's World? Why worry about parking at the Natick Mall? Why spend money on all that gas? For more information, routes, fares & schedules, visit www.mwrta.com or call 508-935-2222. (All buses are ADA accessible & reduced fares are offered for seniors.)
Click on image for larger version.