Social & Educational Activities
According to a study published in the British Medical Journal, productive and socially active people in the latter stages of life live significantly longer than those who are not involved in such activities. More than 2,700 Americans age 65 and older were involved in the study, which showed that social activity can contribute as much to the prolonging of life as physical fitness.
As the body and the brain begin to decline, games, puzzles, crafts & hobbies can help seniors exercise their cognitive ability, motor skills & reduce depression.
The Hudson Senior Center offers many activities offering social, emotional and educational benefits. All activities take place at the Senior Center unless otherwise noted.
**Please see our monthly newsletter for updated information,
dates, cancellations, special programs, etc.**
- Chess - Tuesdays, 1:00 PM. All levels welcome.
- Mah Jong - Mondays & Thursdays, 12:00 - 3:15
- Bridge - Tuesdays, 9:30 AM and Fridays , 12:30 PM
- Scrabble/Board Games - Fridays, 1:00 PM
- Cribbage - Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Fridays,8:30 AM
- Cards - Monday - Friday, 1:00 PM
- Bingo - Mondays & Wednesdays, 12:30 PM
- Painting Class - Tuesdays, 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM, Cost = $30.00 per month, paid directly to the instructor. Pre-registration required.
- Watercolor Painting Class - Wednesdays, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM, Cost = $6.00 per week, paid directly to the instructor. Pre-registration required.
- For line dancing, or Tai-Chi & fitness classes, see our Health & Wellness page.
Hobbies & Clubs
- Assabet Valley Camera Club - 1st & 3rd Wednesdays, 7:30 PM, Cost = $35 annual membership for Seniors, with a $50 Senior household membership. For more information & membership form, visit www.assabetvalleycameraclub.org.
- Movie Day - Selected Tuesdays, 12:30 AM. See monthly newsletter for this month's movie titles!
- Knit & Crochet - Mondays, 9:30 AM & Wednesdays, 10:00 AM. Share your talent & ideas, or come to learn. Beginners welcome.
- Silver Threads Quilting Group - Thursdays & Fridays, 10:00 AM. Encouraging beginners & seasoned quilters. Click here for photo slideshow of our work!
- Music Jam Sessions - Fridays, 11:30 AM. Bring your instrument & play/sing along, or come listen. All are welcome. Click here to watch a video.
Attorney Arthur Bergeron of Mirick O'Connell, Attorneys at Law, provides the Hudson Senior Center with many informative presentations on various topics that affect our aging population. many of these legal clinics are filmed by HUD-TV & are available to view online. Please click here for available videos.
Find such topics as:
- Finding a Qualified Financial Planner
- Irrevocable Trusts
- Medications: Knowing What You Take & Why
- Annuities: the Good, the Bad & the Ugly
- Legal Documents You Can't Do Without
- Dealing with Alzheimer's: at Home, Assisted Living or Nursing Home
- Alzheimer's: Staying Home & Staying Safe
In addition to these presentations, Attorney Bergeron & Attorney Sousa are available on-site once a month for FREE 15 minute appointments. Call for an appointment & come get your questions answered!
Every month the Hudson Senior Center offers:
- Day Trips
- Overnight Getaways
- Monthly Birthday Celebrations - 1st Friday each month
- Seasonal Parties
- Legal Clinics
- Educational Presentations
What activities would you like to see? TELL US!!