After a lengthy and complex two and a half year process, the Planning Board unanimously adopted the 2014 Hudson Master Plan as the official planning document for the Town of Hudson, its first in 50 years! The finalized document will give the Town guidance going forward, especially when looking at achieving long-term goals or implementing projects. It will also provide substantial background for grant applications. Many grants require that a project or goal has community support. The Master Plan satisfies this extremely important criteria because we held public forums on every topic, held a public forum on the release of the Draft document, and all draft chapters as well as the final draft document as a whole, were open for public comment.
Some interesting notes:
- Our last Master Plan was from 1964.
- The entire process took over two and a half years.
- The Master Plan Steering Committee is made up of 22 people including alternates, Ex-Officio members and two retirees and their subsequent replacements.
- The Master Plan Survey was taken by 380 people.
- We held seven public forums and one open house.
- Nearly 400 people came to the public forums.
This finalized document contains all of the chapters on the following elements, as well as maps, photographs, recommendations & implementation guidelines:
- Introduction, Vision & Goals
- Land Use & Community Design
- Economic Development
- Natural, Cultural & Historic Preservation
- Open Space & Recreation
- Public Buildings & Facilities
- Social Services & Public Health
- Implementation Plan
Again, we greatly thank all participants for your assistance and cooperation throughout this extensive process. Your input was critical to the Master Plan and, as always, we truly value your opinion. This extensive community-wide input will help Hudson continue to be a great place to live, work and play.
In the coming weeks, we will break up the Master Plan into separate chapters and individual maps for easier viewing.